049p1_xlg.jpg
This postcard, circa 1906, shows the entrance to the community of Belle Harbor on Beach 126 Street and Washington Avenue (what is now Rockaway Beach Boulevard). In the background is the old wooden tower of St. Francis de Sales Church on Beach 129 Street. Local civic associations now say that Belle Harbor begins on Beach 130 Street, but this old card shows that it historically began on Beach 126 Street.049p1_xlg.jpg



Email Us
Contact Us

Copyright 1999 - 2014 Wave Publishing Co. All Rights Reserved

Neighborhoods | History