244p1_xlg.jpg
Responding to community concern, the Sisters of St. Joseph, whose convent was located on Central Avenue, established St. Joseph’s Hospital in 1911, in the former Star of the Sea Academy. The Hospital opened on June 25, 1905, and charged $1 a day for the general ward. 244p1_xlg.jpg



Email Us
Contact Us

Copyright 1999 - 2014 Wave Publishing Co. All Rights Reserved

Neighborhoods | History

 

 

Check Out News Podcasts at Blog Talk Radio with Riding the Wave with Mark Healey on BlogTalkRadio