2012-12-28 / Top Stories

Ongoing Housing Needs? Contact FEMA

The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) is reaching out to Hurricane Sandy survivors who may need additional temporary rental assistance to help them achieve their permanent housing goals.

According to FEMA, all applicants who received temporary rental assistance from FEMA were mailed a "Declaration for Continuing Need for Rental Assistance" letter.

This form is mailed 15 days after applicants receive their initial rental assistance grant and explains how to request additional temporary rental assistance from FEMA.

To receive additional temporary rental assistance as quickly as possible, applicants must: Complete the form with all the applicable information and mail it back to FEMA at the address printed on the form.

Applicants will need to provide information of both pre-disaster and current expenses that are applicable to their households such as pay-stubs to verify income.

They also must provide a copy of their lease and the name and phone number of their landlord. Applicants who don't have the form should contact FEMA's toll-free Help Line 800-621-FEMA (3362).

FEMA said it expects all families who receive temporary rental assistance to return to their damaged home when it is repaired or to locate and occupy affordable housing without FEMA rental assistance at their earliest opportunity.

Return to top

Email Us
Contact Us

Copyright 1999 - 2016 Wave Publishing Co. All Rights Reserved

Neighborhoods | History



Check Out News Podcasts at Blog Talk Radio with Riding the Wave with Mark Healey on BlogTalkRadio