I’m With Schwach
I agree with Howard Schwach – Anthony Weiner deserves a second chance to hold public office.
And I say that because of the numerous inappropriate behaviors of many federal representatives starting with:
- Former President Clinton who had an affair in the White House and lied about it.
- Newt Gingrich who had an affair in the congressional parking lot.
- JFK who had many female White House staffers available for sexual favors while Jackie was away.
- Thomas Jefferson who [had a liaison with] Sally Hemming.
- Former President Eisenhower who had an affair with a British driver during WWII.
- Former Governor of New York, Elliot Spitzer, who paid for escorts.
And I mentioned all the names in this list, not to justify what Anthony Weiner did, but to demonstrate how uncommon scandals are with federal representatives.
I believe Weiner deserves a second chance to serve in whatever capacity he’s elected into.
FLOYD SMITH III