Shame On You!
You both wrote an article about Waterside. You both listened to angry (bad) teachers who have a personal vendetta against the school. You don’t bother to leave your office and even investigate. You have never been to the school (Wave – it is even worse that you are so close!) You don’t talk to the good teachers and don’t reach out to hear from other parents. Is this what you learn in reporter school or did you just leave your ethics at the door when you sat down to type (or in the case of the Wave – rewrite) the article about Waterside?
Since you are comfortable with anonymous inaccurate information, let’s see how you do with anonymous accurate information.
1) Since Mrs. Munro’s entrance, the number of incidents have actually gone down. Take a look at the parent and student surveys. She took the same students from District 27 that PS 225 had and reduced the number of incidents. Most parents say Mrs. Munro is very strict about discipline and that the school has a no-tolerance policy for fighting, touching and misbehavior.
2) Teachers who are complaining have had complaints from parents about messy rooms and no classroom management. When Mrs. Munro talks to them, they get mad. If you entered the room, see if you would want your child to be there too or if you would want the principal to address the issues!
3) Mrs. Munro has taken students to colleges around the country and has held really high expectations for them. Many students love her. All students know she wants them to succeed.
4) They have math books! Eighth grade had two to choose from and another math handbook. They also had math workbooks for each student. That is ridiculous. Mrs. Munro even gave a student one to keep at home when she broke her leg and couldn’t carry books.
5) The senior dues were not for trips. In fact, the money for the trip came from the budget, PTA and even donations from Mrs. Munro and staff. Bet, the parent didn’t tell you that. (That’s because that family has a substance abuse problem and Mrs. Munro tried to help get counseling for the family.)
This lady stays working until 7/ 8 at night without overtime. She has an open door and even more of an open heart. Stop spreading lies about her and trying to take someone who cares about kids out of education because of other teachers and parents who don‘t care about kids at all.
WATERSIDE STAFF MEMBER