2011-12-02 / Community

Little North Pole Saturday Night

Saturday night, December 3 the annual lighting of the Little North Pole at the Muré family home at Beach 144 Street and Neponsit Avenue will officially kick off the holiday season. The juvenile diabetes fundraiser has become an annual event here in the Rockaways.

As in years past, there will be free food and holiday cheer, shows and presentations by local entertainers and, of course, Santa Claus. It all gets underway at 5 p.m. sharp followed by the official lighting at 6 p.m.

This year 75 percent of the proceeds will benefit the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation and the other 25 percent will benefit diabetes treatment centers around New York City.

The rain date is scheduled for Sunday, December 4.

Return to top

Email Us
Contact Us

Copyright 1999 - 2016 Wave Publishing Co. All Rights Reserved

Neighborhoods | History



Check Out News Podcasts at Blog Talk Radio with Riding the Wave with Mark Healey on BlogTalkRadio