2011-11-25 / Community

Don’t Miss The Little North Pole

Neponsit House Lights Up Dec. 3


Kids receive free gifts and take pictures with Santa Claus. Kids receive free gifts and take pictures with Santa Claus. The spirit of Christmas arrives right on time in the Rockaways. Saturday night, December 3 the annual lighting of the Little North Pole at the Muré family home at Beach 144 Street and Neponsit Avenue will officially kick off the holiday season here in the Rock-aways.

It’s all an attempt to raise some important funds for juvenile diabetes.

The event draws thousands of visitors each year and is considered one of the premier holiday displays in the tristate area.

As in years past, there will be free food and holiday cheer, shows and presentations by local entertainers and, of course, Santa Claus. It all gets underway at 5 p.m. sharp followed by the official lighting at 6 p.m.

The annual event is a fundraiser for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation and Diabetes Treatment Centers in New York City.

The Little North Pole raised $157,000 last year.


Dancers from last year’s Little North Pole Show. Dancers from last year’s Little North Pole Show. This year 75 percent of the proceeds will benefit the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation and the other 25 percent will benefit diabetes treatment centers around New York City.

The rain date is scheduled for Sunday, December 4.

Return to top


Email Us
Contact Us

Copyright 1999 - 2014 Wave Publishing Co. All Rights Reserved

Neighborhoods | History