July 22, 2011 RSS feed / Sports

BeachVolleyball League Position Week Explodes

By Rocky D. and Joe McGivney More...

Rockaway Outdoors/Tales From TheWheelhouse

Striped bass still continue to be caught off of the Rockaways and points east. Most success comes from those working the bunker schools in the early morning and dusk. It isn’t as consistent as I would like. More...

Par Tee Golf: Neimeth Celebrates

“Golf is 20% mechanical and technical. The other 80% is philosophy, humor, tragedy, romance, melodrama, companionship, camaraderie, cussedness and conversation.” – Grantland Rice. More...

St. Francis Summer Classic Basketball Update

This week, St. Francis would like to introduce you to the Summer Classic coaches while giving a quick update on the action. More...

Rockapulco Run Ends Summer Series Tonight

The Rockaway Running Series will conclude its tenth season of evening runs at Beach 95 Street with the finale of the Rockapulco 5K Run tonight, July 22. The race includes ΒΌ-mile, mile and 5K runs. More...

Open Registration For Graybeards Family Run

The ninth annual Graybeards Family Run kicks off on Friday, July 29, 6:30 p.m. at St. Francis de Sales. The night will begin with the Kids Races. More...

Big Apple Games At FRHS

The Summer Big Apple Games program is back at Far Rockaway High School. The program is currently hosting a free afternoon teen recreation center that operates from Monday through Thursday 1 to 5 p.m. More...

Rockies Offer Free Roller Hockey Lessons

The Rockaway Rockies Hockey Club is currently offering free roller hockey clinics at the hockey rink located on Shorefront Parkway and Beach 109 Street on Saturday, July 23 and July 30. More...


Email Us
Contact Us

Copyright 1999 - 2014 Wave Publishing Co. All Rights Reserved

Neighborhoods | History