2011-07-22 / Sports

Par Tee Golf: Neimeth Celebrates

By Peg Ansbro


Winners on July 14 (left to right): Joan Hart, Helen Mele, Doris Neimeth, Marilyn Danese, Nancy Heffernan, Joan McNally and Joan Fallon. Winners on July 14 (left to right): Joan Hart, Helen Mele, Doris Neimeth, Marilyn Danese, Nancy Heffernan, Joan McNally and Joan Fallon. “Golf is 20% mechanical and technical. The other 80% is philosophy, humor, tragedy, romance, melodrama, companionship, camaraderie, cussedness and conversation.” – Grantland Rice.

Last Thursday was Doris Neimeth’s birthday and she certainly knows how to celebrate her day. She had low score for the day (65), a chip-in and two birdies!! Congratulations on all counts, Doris. Dolores McAleer was a close second with a 68. In the 70s were: Barbara Caramelli (70), Peg Ansbro (71), Joan Fallon (73), the trio of Chris Brunner, Pam Armour and Nancy Heffernan finished with 74. Joan McNally and Mary Mahoney scored 75, Marilyn Danese (76), and Jane Higgins and Marge Lentnick both had 79.

Chip-ins belonged to Dolores Mc- Aleer, Ann Campbell, Joan Hart, Nancy Heffernan, Helen Mele and Joan Fallon. Barbara Caramelli had a birdie and the sole chip-in bird belongs to Joan McNally! Closest to the pin on #10 again was Marilyn Danese with a score of 6 feet 5½ inches and on #18 Marge Lentnick was the winner with 18 feet 11 inches.

The winner of the Peggy Wheeler 50/50 was our hostess, Margaret Bambury.

This week is the Guys and Dolls Tournament … all holes covered so it will be a grand turnout … will report results next week.

Two women were put together as partners in the club tournament and met on the putting green for the first time. After introductions, the first golfer asked, “What’s your handicap?” “Oh, I’m a scratch golfer,” the other replied. “Really!” exclaimed the first woman, suitably impressed that she was paired up with her. “Yes, I write down all my good scores and scratch out the bad ones!”

God Bless. Have a great week!!

Return to top


Email Us
Contact Us

Copyright 1999 - 2014 Wave Publishing Co. All Rights Reserved

Neighborhoods | History