A Blast From The Belle Harbor Past ... The Newport Inn…1939
From The Rockaway Museum Commentary by Emil Lucev, Curator Dedicated To The Memory Of Leon S. Locke
Starting as Mrs. Dolan’s Boarding house in the early part of the last century, the place changed hands and in 1930 became the Newport Inn. In more contemporary time it became Peter’s Place…and now the Harbor Light Pub. This brochure from 1939 lists George Carcanis as the proprietor of this first class inn, restaurant, and meeting place.