SJEH Hands Out Friend Of Nursing Award
The Nursing Department of St. John’s Episcopal Hospital annually honors an individual who has helped Nursing and the Hospital to achieve their goals of providing service and quality to patients. This year, Margaret Cook, Patient Advocate, was selected to receive the Friend of Nursing Award on Wednesday, January 26. She was honored because of the following reasons:
- Cook is a tremendous resource in hospital efforts to improve patient satisfaction.
- She is a partner in promoting patientcentered, family-friendly care.
- Cook is someone with insight into the needs of patients and their families.
- She is a willing and skillful resource for nurse managers and their staff.
- She is a problem solver with a positive attitude, friendly smile and a kind word for all.