2009-10-16 / Top Stories

Small Fire Alarms Carlton Manor

The pile of clothing responsible for causing the fire lies on the ground outside. The pile of clothing responsible for causing the fire lies on the ground outside. A pile of clothes stacked next to an electrical outlet inside a Carlton manor apartment sparked a small fire on Wednesday afternoon, causing nearby residents to evacuate while FDNY officials responded.

The fire was called in at 3:13 p.m. to the 11 story public housing complex located at 71-15 Beach Channel Drive and was determined under control 30 minutes later, with no injuries to report.

A pile of clothes near an electrical outlet sparked a small fire inside Carl ton Manor on Wednesday. A pile of clothes near an electrical outlet sparked a small fire inside Carl ton Manor on Wednesday.

Return to top


Email Us
Contact Us

Copyright 1999 - 2014 Wave Publishing Co. All Rights Reserved

Neighborhoods | History