They Represented Rockaway: Who Are They And How Did They Serve?
1.This Wavecrest resident served in a party post for many years and wound up advocating
for the aged.
2. This woman lost her job when it was disclosed that she provided no-show jobs on the
orders of Queens Democratic party leaders. She eventually resigned and made way for
3. These intrepid seafarers went out onto the bay to make a point. There are an
Assemblywoman, A State Senator and a city official in the photo.
4. A former mayor and future governor? The man with him was also a city official and came
to Rockaway as his own candidate for office.
5. Once our Congressman long before Weiner and Meeks.
6. Oh, to be young again. Still active after all these years.
7. One to retirement and the other back to the pulpit, but once two of the most powerful
people in Queens.
8. Our first Republican electee in years, did little for Rockaway and then faded away.
9. The Democratic District Leader for many years, this local ran an electrical supply
10. Digging a hole in Broad Channel. Four powerful politicians, some of whose names still
ring true today.
ANSWERS NEXT WEEK!