Carpenters Recruit Apprentices
Applications will be available Tuesdays and Thursdays, from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. at Empire State Carpenters Apprenticeship Committee, 270 Motor Parkway, Dept. B, Hauppauge, except for holidays. Applicant must appear in person to fill out application.
The committee requires that applicants: • Be at least 17 years old. • Have a high school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED) as recognized by local school authorities transcript required from the school.
• Must be a resident of Nassau or Suffolk County for at least 6 months.
• Must have reliable transportation to and from various job sites and Joint Apprentice Committee School.
• Be physically able to do the work as determined by Carpenters Apprentice School.
• Must take a drug test at the committee's expense after being accepted by the school and committee. Must be in negative range of drug test. If drug test comes back positive, an applicant cannot reapply for one year period.
• Be willing to join the union and sign and comply with an indenture agreement - if accepted for the program.
For further information, applicants should contact the New York State Department of Labor office located nearest their home or the local at 631-952-9555.
Apprentice programs registered with the Department of Labor must meet standards established by the Commissioner. Under state law, sponsors of programs cannot discriminate against applicants because of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, disability or marital status. Women and minorities are encouraged to submit applications for apprenticeship programs. Sponsors of programs are required to adopt affirmative action plans for the recruitment of women and minorities.