2008-01-18 / Community

Pheffer Notes Eligibility For NYS Tax Refunds

Assemblywoman Audrey I. Pheffer wants New Yorkers to know that they may be eligible for New York City Tax refunds, even if they do not file a regular return. Residents may be eligible for refunds for years 2004 to 2007. The last date to file for 2004 is April 15, 2008.

To be eligible for the tax refunds, you must have lived in New York City for part of the year and not be claimed as a dependent on another taxpayer's federal return. Depending on the number of months you lived in New York City, the refund can be as much as $125 for the tax year 2004 and up to $230 for the tax year 2007, for a married couple or a surviving spouse.

"Many New Yorkers believe that since they did not file a regular return they are not eligible for a refund. It is vital that residents are aware of this program so that they may apply for these funds that they are entitled to," said Pheffer.

If you have previously filed for the NYC-210 New York City School Tax Credit, the NYS Department of Taxation will automatically send you a form for 2007.

If you have not previously filed, the form can be obtained by going to the NYS Department of Taxation and Finance Website at http://www.tax.state.ny.us/- forms/form_numberordermtpt.htm. You may also obtain a copy of the form and/or assistance completing the form at either of Assemblywoman Pheffer's district offices at 90-16 Rockaway Beach Boulevard.

Return to top

Email Us
Contact Us

Copyright 1999 - 2016 Wave Publishing Co. All Rights Reserved

Neighborhoods | History



Check Out News Podcasts at Blog Talk Radio with Riding the Wave with Mark Healey on BlogTalkRadio