Far Rockaway Man Sets Off Explosion
He wanted to destroy the bugs, not his windows. But that is exactly what happened when a Far Rockaway man placed insect killer under his kitchen sink and left the pilot light of his stove still burning.
According to John Deloney of 10 Beach 32 Street, he placed two Real Kill Insect Foggers under the kitchen sink at around 9:30 a.m., walked out of his home, got into his car, and heard a explosion to the extent of his rear windows being blown. An explosion was caused from the insect killer and the pilot light of the stove.
No injuries were reported and there was no physical damage to the house other than the windows shattering. Police investigations show that the explosion was accidental.