2006-12-01 / Community

Mattress Fire Rips Arverne Home


A fire that started on a mattress in a first-floor bedroom quickly spread, destroying much of a two-family home at 603 Beach 64 Street on Monday morning, fire officials say. The fire started at 4 a.m. in the morning, brining an all-hands response of 12 fire units and 65 firefighters. The fire was declared under control at 4:25. The residents of the home quickly evacuated and nobody was harmed in the fire. Pictured, firefighters look at the scene of the fire on Monday afternoon.
A fire that started on a mattress in a first-floor bedroom quickly spread, destroying much of a two-family home at 603 Beach 64 Street on Monday morning, fire officials say. The fire started at 4 a.m. in the morning, brining an all-hands response of 12 fire units and 65 firefighters. The fire was declared under control at 4:25. The residents of the home quickly evacuated and nobody was harmed in the fire. Pictured, firefighters look at the scene of the fire on Monday afternoon. The bed where the fire started sits in the home's back yard on Monday afternoon.
The bed where the fire started sits in the home's back yard on Monday afternoon.

Return to top


Email Us
Contact Us

Copyright 1999 - 2014 Wave Publishing Co. All Rights Reserved

Neighborhoods | History

 

 

Check Out News Podcasts at Blog Talk Radio with Riding the Wave with Mark Healey on BlogTalkRadio