of the Rockaways
Noel Road, Broad Channel, PS 47- 1921
From The Rockaway Museum
by Emil Lucev, Curator
Dedicated To The Memory Of Leon S. Locke
The two pillars at the end of the street are at the entrance to West Road and the LIRR Station.
The stairs of the station crossover bridge are visible between the pillar on the right and the office building on West Road.
The school is at the right center in the view, and children are sitting on the front stairway.
The schoolyard is on the west side of the school, as is the flagpole.
PS 47 was built in 1920 on Noel Road at Lanark Road.
The ladies have just passed Walton Road, and Church Street is behind the camera.
Behind the school is Kuhn's Hotel and Dancehall on West Road, and Osee Court between West Road and Lanark Road.
The buildings on the left are unidentified.