More Parking Spaces Added To The Center Parking On The Beach Side
This is all that was done in the early 1930's on Beach 116 Street to improve the parking problem. Lines were painted in the center of the street to allow two rows of parked cars, parked as the driver saw fit. This picture appeared in the Wave of in the springtime of 1931. The many distortions of age are shown in the View. On the bay side of the street, head-in parking was now the rage. The Woolworth five and dime store is on the right side, next to the old Westrich Restaurant. Stay tuned!