Laborers Local 78 Union Looking For Apprentices
The Joint Apprenticeship Committee for Asbestos, Lead and Hazardous Waste Laborers, Local 78, will conduct recruitment from March 13 through April 7 for 100 skilled construction craft laborer apprentices.
Applications will be available at the local, 30 Cliff Street, 6th Floor, New York City, from 10:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Mondays and Wednesdays during the recruitment period.
Completed applications must be returned by April 18.
The committee requires that applicants:
• Be at least 18 years old.
•Have a high school or general equivalency diploma.
• Have a New York State Motorr
Vehicle Department photo ID.
• Have a reliable means of transportation to and from work sites and related training locations.
• Be able to lift materials weighing up to 94 pounds, carry for 25 feet and stack to a height of 54 inches quickly; shovel one-half cubic yard of material into a wheelbarrow, wheel for 30 feet and deposit into a container quickly; work at heights of 10 feet or greater and in confined spaces and in extreme hot or cold temperatures.
• Take a physical examination, re- quired by OSHA regulations, at the committee’s expense.
For further information, applicants should contact the New York State Department of Labor office nearest their home, or the Apprenticeship Training Office at (212) 621-0844.