Six Recruits Needed For Local 8 Union
The Joint Apprenticeship Committee for the United Union of Roofers, Waterproofers and Allied Workers, Local 8, will conduct recruitment on March 7 for six applicants.
Applications can be obtained in person only at the Local’s headquarters, 467 Dean Street, Brooklyn, from 8 a.m. until noon. Completed applications must be returned postmarked no later than March 17. The committee requires that applicants:
• Be at least 18 years old.
• Have at least a tenth grade education, proof required; a high school diploma or GED is recommended.
• Live within the local’s jurisdiction- the five boroughs of New York City; Westchester, Rockland, Sullivan, Dutchess, Ulster, Orange and Putnam Counties; and Hudson County, New Jersey.
• Have a valid driver’s license.
• Sign a trade specific affidavit at testing to their physical ability to do the work.
For further information, applicants should contact the New York State Department of Labor office located nearest their home, or the Apprenticeship Training Office at (212) 337-2315.