Where Was This Beautiful Old House Of Worship In The Rockaways?
From The Rockaway Museum
by Emil Lucev, Curator
Dedicated To The Memory Of Leon S. Locke
Information is lacking on this house of worship, but we do know that it was a mission of the Cathedral at Garden City, Long Island, established in 1906, and built on five lots of land donated by the West Rockaway Land Company.
The construction cost was only $8,000.
The church seating capacity was about 150 worshippers.
The location was given as the northwest corner of Rockaway Beach Boulevard and Beach 126 Street.
Can someone out there in Waveland fill in the blanks for our readers?