St. Patrick’s Day Parade Honorees Selected
The Queens County St. Patrick’s Day Parade Committee has announced the selection of honorees for the 31st Annual parade, which will be held on Saturday, March 4, 2006.
The Grand Marshal for 2006 is Thomas Ryan, Secretary Treasurer of the Service Employees International Union (SEIU), and a former teacher at Notre Dame University.
The Honorary Grand Marshals are Kelly Casey, from the Brooklyn District Attorney’s office, who is in charge of the Bureau of Child Safety; and Councilman Joseph Addabbo, City Council Member, and a friend to the Irish community.
The Deputy Grand Marshals come from all areas of the Rockaway community:
• Thomas Flood, a Breezy Point native and special agent in charge of Homeland Security at Kennedy Airport.
• Ed Shevlin III, a member of the Parade Committee, and the Sanitation Emerald Society Bagpipe Band.
• Mary Rooney, a Limerick, Ireland native, former president of the Queens Community Savings Bank, and the Rotary Club of Howard Beach.
• Dr. Timothy Rohrs, a physical therapist and owner of the Sands Point Physical Therapy Center on Beach 102 Street.
• Ed O’Hare, member of the Executive Board of Local 1 Elevators, and the Republican Co-District Leader with Terry Ariola.
• John Duddy, a boxer from Derry, Ireland who trains at Rockaway’s Irish Ropes Boxing Club.
• Ann McGovern, a Rockaway community activist.
• John McManus, a Rockaway resident, member of the County Tyrone Pipe Band, and a member of DIV 21 AOH.