2004-12-03 / Community

Squatters Cause Fire In Abandoned Three-Story

Squatters who sought shelter inside a three-story Far Rockaway house may have caused the early morning blaze that tore through the second floor and much of the roof Tuesday, according to a FDNY spokesperson. Witnesses said a man was seen as he fled the house at 508 Beach 22 Street just before fire broke out at about 1:50 a.m. Investigators found a power generator inside the house, which was littered with personal items. Two firefighters were injured as they battled the flames and were taken to St. John’s Episcopal Hospital, according to the spokesperson. The fire was brought under control at about 3:15 a.m., and was still under investigation as The Wave went to press.

Return to top


Email Us
Contact Us

Copyright 1999 - 2014 Wave Publishing Co. All Rights Reserved

Neighborhoods | History

 

 

Check Out News Podcasts at Blog Talk Radio with Riding the Wave with Mark Healey on BlogTalkRadio