NYPD’s Halloween Safety List
The 100 Precinct has released the following suggestions for Halloween safety this year:
• Never enter a building on your own. Always go trick or treating with friends.
• Never enter a stranger’s home.
• Never eat unwrapped candy or treats. Never eat candy or treats until your parents have examined them.
• If you are going out after dark, wear light colored clothing and carry a
• Don’t wear masks that block your vision.
• Walk on the sidewalk, avoid walking in the street whenever possible.
• If you are trick or treating with your younger brothers or sisters, stay with them. Help them cross the streets. Always cross the street at the corner.
The NYPD is also asking merchants not to sell eggs, shaving cream, magic markers and spray paint to minors during the Halloween season.