Proof Positive On Belle Harbor Border
Proof Positive On Belle Harbor Border This postcard, circa 1906, shows the entrance to the community of Belle Harbor on Beach 126 Street and Washington Avenue (what is now Rockaway Beach Boulevard). In the background is the old wooden tower of St. Francis de Sales Church on Beach 129 Street. Local civic associations now say that Belle Harbor begins on Beach 130 Street, but this old card shows that it historically began on Beach 126 Street.
|The same area today, with St. Francis de Sales in the right background and the new central malls that only go to prove that everything old is new again.|
Return to top