NYPD Safety Tips for Halloween Fun
As Halloween approaches it is important for parents to review safety tips with their children. The Crime Prevention Officer of the 100 Precinct has a few suggestions to make this Halloween safe and enjoyable for everyone:
• Do not enter buildings or elevators on your own. Go trick-or-treating with friends.
• Do not enter a stranger’s home or car for the promise of candy.
• Do not eat unwrapped candy or treats.
• If you are going out after dark, wear light clothing or carry a flashlight.
• Go trick-or-treating in your neighborhood. Do not wander too far from home.
• Do not wear masks that block your vision while crossing the street.
For parents and storeowners it’s also important not to allow children to play with shaving cream and eggs. Every year juveniles and adults are caught disrespecting the property of others with these items. Summonses will be prepared at the precinct for adults committing a crime on Halloween.