No Garbage Pickup On Election Day
No Garbage Pickup
On Election Day
New York City Department of Sanitation announced this week that in observance of Election Day, Tuesday, November 7, there will be no street cleaning, garbage or recycling collection. Residents should comply with the following adjusted schedules:
Garbage collection schedule:
- Residents who normally receive Tuesday garbage collection should place their trash out at curbside Tuesday evening, for pickup on Wednesday.
- On Wednesday, some residents may have their garbage picked up at an earlier or later time than normal.
- Areas that regularly receive garbage collection on Wednesday, November 8, should place their trash at curbside Tuesday evening, as they normally would.
Recycling collection schedule:
- Residents who normally receive Tuesday recycling collection will not have their recycling material picked up until the following Tuesday, November 14.
- Residents are urged not to place their recycling out at curbside until Monday evening, November 13.
- Residents and owners of commercial establishments who unlawfully leave their recyclables out at curbside are subject to a fine of up to $250.
- Areas that are scheduled to receive recycling collection on Tuesday, November 14 should place their recyclables out at the curbside Monday evening, November 13.
Shopkeeper, restaurant managers, and other merchants who are serviced by private carting companies should contact their refuse haulers to determine whether they will receive collection on the holiday.