No Garbage Pickup Monday
In observance of Columbus Day, the NYC Department of Sanitation has announced that there will be no cleaning, garbage or recycling collection on Monday, October 9, 2000. Residents who normally receive Monday recycling collection on October 9, 2000 will not have their recycling material collected until the following Monday, October 16. Residents should comply with the following adjusted schedules:
- Residents who normally receive Monday garbage collection should, instead, place their trash out at curbside Monday evening for pickup on Tuesday.
- On Tuesday, some residents may have their garbage picked up at an earlier or later time than normal.
- Areas that regularly receive garbage collection on Tuesday, October 10, 2000 should place their trash out at curbside Monday evening, as they normally would.
Recycling collection schedule:
- Residents who normally receive Monday recycling collection will not have their recycling material picked up until the following Monday, October 16, 2000.
- Residents are urged not place their recyclables out at curbside until Sunday, October 15, 2000.
- Residents and owners of commercial establishments who unlawfully leave their recyclables out at curbside over the holiday weekend are subject to a fine of up to $250.
- Areas that are scheduled to receive recycling collection on Tuesday, October 10 should place their recyclables out at the curbside Monday evening.
For questions about Sanitation services and schedules over the holiday, contact the Sanitation Action Center at 212-219-8090 or visit www.nyc.gov/sanitation.