From the Shores of
Beach Channel High School
Opening Day Procedures
We welcome back all our students and parents with the hope that you all had a happy, healthy, productive summer. It is now time to start gearing up for a new and successful school year at Beach Channel High School. We begin our year on Friday, September 1, when we call only our new incoming ninth grade students and their parents into school for their orientation to BCHS. All new students have received a packet of important papers in the mail. They should be filled out in full and brought with you on Friday, September 1 at 8:30 a.m. At that time new students will become acquainted with the school and the staff as well as receive important information for beginning the new year off on the right foot.
All students are required to have their school ID card in order to enter the school building. If you do not have one because you are a new student, you will have the opportunity to take your picture as you enter. You must bring the postcard that was mailed to you informing you of the time to report to school, as a form of identification.
Returning students must present their ID card at the door. Any returning student who does not have an ID will also have the opportunity to acquire a new one.
Seniors and juniors are to report to school on Tuesday, September 5 at 9:00 a.m. You will enter at the G-1 entrance near the F gym and go directly to a table indicating the first letter of your last name in the B and C gyms for your program and transportation passes. If everything is in order, you are finished for the day. Please make sure all your books have been returned. If a program correction is needed, you will proceed to the F gym to meet face to face with your guidance counselor. This will be the only time that we will hold face to face program changes. At all other times you will have to submit a written request that will be attended to in the order that it is received.
Sophomores and juniors are to report to school on Wednesday, September 6 at 9:00 a.m. and follow the same procedures stated above for juniors and seniors. Any returning student who needs to return a book may do so at this time.
Full classes begin on Thursday, September 7. Check the bell schedule for the time of your first period class. Students are expected to arrive at least 10 minutes early to make sure that they are seated in their first period class on time. You must come to school on the first day prepared with notebook, pen and pencil. Remember, it will be a full school day!
For students who need to be registered at Beach Channel High School…
The Guidance Office will be open to admit students into Beach Channel from 8:30 a.m. until 11:00 a.m. only each day during the transfer period of August 30 – September 22, 2000.
In order to be admitted to BEach Channel High School, the following is required:
- Student must be accompanied by a parent, guardian or custodian.
- Student must reside in area from Beach 51 Street to Breezy Point or Broad Channel.
- If student is not living with parent or legal guardian, a notarized school form and/or legal documentation must be presented, i.e., court or foster care notification.
- If student is transferring from another NYC high school, a T-form (form VI) along with transcript and immunization history is required.
- If student is new to NYC school system, student must have immunization as well as physical exam and TB inoculations. Immigration papers, passport and birth certificate may be required. Current school records and transcripts from the previous school are required for proper placement
For all admissions, the following is required:
- Proof of address (utility bill, driver’s license, rent book, work ID with address….phone bills may not be used.
- Immunization History Form
- Previous school records (transcripts, report cards, etc.)
- Completed T-form (form VI), if transferring from another NYC high school.